httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Zweep <Steve.Zw...@watchguard.com>
Subject RE: Question about async mod_proxy_wstunnel and threads
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 19:38:46 GMT
I've attached annotated logs that show the issues I described. Both scenarios have ProxyWebsocketAsync
turned on. The first does not use the AsyncDelay and shows how server messages stall and are
not delivered until the client polls. The second has ProxyWebsocketAsyncDelay set to 100.
In that case, message processing works properly, but threads are held open and there is no
sign of async processing.

Since my build and execution environment were somewhat non-standard, I repeated all the tests
today on stock Ubuntu 14.04, with a fresh checkout and build of httpd and apr trunk code.
The same results were observed.

- Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Covener [covener@gmail.com]
Sent: July 17, 2014 9:15 PM
To: Apache HTTP Server Development List
Subject: Re: Question about async mod_proxy_wstunnel and threads

I am having trouble seeing it mis-behave. w/ Async and AsyncDelay, I am seeing the expected
trace messages and when I look at backtraces of httpd I can see zero threads in wstunnel .
If I send a server msg, I get it ASAP in the client -- and then I see 1 thread in poll for
the right couple of seconds

Can you grab trace at e.g.

LogLevel INFO proxy_wstunnel_module:trace8

And annotate the timing a bit for what you do in the client?  Is it possible you have an un-updated
trunk from several weeks ago?  There was an optimization put in and backed out that might
have broke some of these same things for a very short window.