httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Zweep <Steve.Zw...@watchguard.com>
Subject RE: Question about async mod_proxy_wstunnel and threads
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 02:44:54 GMT
OK, I'll have a go at that tomorrow. I should note that it doesn't *always* fail for me. However
I haven't yet been able to predict when it will work and when it won't. I did run it earlier
with trace7 logging and basically saw no messages for the connections that were stalling.
The trunk code I checked out was quite recent, and I did confirm I had all the latest fixes
in place.

I'll send logs and annotations once I've collected them. Thanks Eric.

- Steve
From: Eric Covener [covener@gmail.com]
Sent: July 17, 2014 9:15 PM
To: Apache HTTP Server Development List
Subject: Re: Question about async mod_proxy_wstunnel and threads

I am having trouble seeing it mis-behave. w/ Async and AsyncDelay, I
am seeing the expected trace messages and when I look at backtraces of
httpd I can see zero threads in wstunnel . If I send a server msg, I
get it ASAP in the client -- and then I see 1 thread in poll for the
right couple of seconds

Can you grab trace at e.g.

LogLevel INFO proxy_wstunnel_module:trace8

And annotate the timing a bit for what you do in the client?  Is it
possible you have an un-updated trunk from several weeks ago?  There
was an optimization put in and backed out that might have broke some
of these same things for a very short window.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com