httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1612653 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/util_pcre.c
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:18:10 GMT
On 23.07.2014 02:25, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
> On 22.07.2014 23:01, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> documenting the requirement PCRE >= 6.7 and dropping the check (and
>> error message) for PCRE_DUPNAMES from server/util_pcre.c.
> -1.
> Please think of non-configure builds;
> it doesnt hurt if the code errors out when the requirements do not met.

Good point. But in this case even after dropping the check, it would
mean the build would error out because PCRE_DUPNAMES isn't known. So
then you would have to check the (new) info in the docs, that minimum
PCRE version is 6.7.

Of course an #error message would help because it is more explicit, but
I think that's not how the code currently is structured in general. If
there is a dependency for a library version, we don't check in the
sources whether the right version is available.

Regards,

Rainer