httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Laas <>
Subject ProxyErrorOverride patch
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:31:57 GMT

Sending a patch that extends proxyerroroverride with another, optional,
parameter. The diff is against httpd-2.4.9.

This parameter makes it possible to define exactly which status codes should be
overridden. Modeled after "failonstatus".

Usage example:
ProxyErrorOverride On 500,501,502,503,504

Motivation: In our reverse proxy setup, we want to show a custom error page when
the backend application fails (5xx), but not for 4xx which the application
handles on its own.

I hope you will be able to incorporate something similar into Apache.

The proxy_http part is not tested.

Best regards,
Jens Låås

    'In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
     But, in practice, there is.'
    Jens Låås                              Email:
    ITS                                    Phone: +46 18 471 77 03
View raw message