httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Takashi Sato <taka...@tks.st>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1605369 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_wstunnel.c
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:55:47 GMT
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM,  <takashi@apache.org> wrote:
>> Refactor asynchronous mod_proxy_wstunnel using pollfd returned by MPM.
>> r1601943 and r1605307 made Event MPM return woken pollfd, so async
>> wstunnel doesn't need its own apr_pollset_poll.
>
> If both sockets are readable, we'll go all the way through
> ap_mpm_register_socket_callback_timeout + locking queues and getting
> dispatched to a new thread to read the 2nd socket.

So, you think the new code is poor performance than before?
Or are you afraid that the 1st and 2nd socket are proceed at the same time?
The latter doesn't happen, because event.c line 1968:

                /* We only signal once per N sockets with this baton */
                if (!(baton->signaled)) {

so only the 1st socket is sent to worker thread.

> I think this also prevents us from doing ProxyWebsocketAsyncDelay to
> stay on the thread because we no longer have a poll during the
> callback invocation.

Yes, you are right, but, is ProxyWebsocketAsyncDelay needed?