httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1602989 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES include/ap_mmn.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy_fdpass.c modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:39:21 GMT
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:26 PM, <ylavic@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Author: ylavic
>> Date: Mon Jun 16 20:26:24 2014
>> New Revision: 1602989

>> Log:
>> mod_proxy: Don't limit the size of the connectable Unix Domain Socket
>> paths.
>> Since connect() to UDS path is used at several places, introduce
>> ap_proxy_connect_uds() in proxy_util.
>>

> mod_authnz_fcgi could use something like this when adding Unix socket
> support...  (so maybe a core API?)  Maybe I'll get a chance to experiment
> before this gets merged to the 2.4.x branch.
>
> It seems weird that proxy_fdpass's original implementation of the function
> had the timeout handling logic, but the module did not set a timeout for the
> socket (bad).  I guess that should be fixed in proxy_fdpass.

I first wanted to add some core helpers and use them in mod_cgid too
(didn't notice mod_authnz_fcgi was concerned with its APR_UNSPEC).
But the timeout handling difference made me limit that to
ap_proxy_connect_uds() only (and as a result put the connect in the
function too)...

The ideal would be to do that in APR though (where the code looks
buggy too), and then use the apr_sockaddr_t where needed in httpd.
Actually I'm working on a that APR patch, however what if APR is
"fixed" on that point, do we still need the workaround in httpd for
the ones using an older APR lib that used to work (eg. with mod_cgid)?