httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: Change of web site layout
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 09:17:05 GMT
On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 3:54 AM, Daniel Gruno <> wrote:

> On 06/16/2014 10:33 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
> > I find the carousel to be unhelpful. Left? Right? Is there an ordering?
> > Where is the info I need? I actually clicked the arrows several times
> > until I realized there were just three bits of info. It is just too
> > difficult to "see at a glance". Carousels like that (IMO) are best for
> > non-"task" information. If I arrive and am seeking information, then put
> > it directly on the page for me to find quickly.
> >
> > It is only three boxes of information. The look of the (carousel) box is
> > nice. Put three of those vertically on the page, and I'd say you're good.
> >
> I'll give it a try - might take a while to get there, but I'll try :)
> I still would like to use a carousel for other things, perhaps we could
> start adding some blog posts or tips'n'tricks and use it for that?

There ya go! ... things that aren't part of my task-at-hand ("why did I
come here? what am I looking for?"). A carousel hides that. But...
supplemental stuff.. sure.

Or to rephrase: I have landed at the page with a goal in mind. How fast can
the page satisfy my need? A carousel holding *my* needed information cannot.

But yes: it does liven up the page, and it can certainly provide some info
that I may have not thought about, or been seeking.

View raw message