httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <>
Subject Re: Change of web site layout
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:50:27 GMT
On 17 Jun 2014, at 14:24, Rich Bowen <> wrote:

> On 06/17/2014 05:19 AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> On 06/17/2014 12:46 AM, Tim Bannister wrote:
>>> On 16 Jun 2014, at 22:23, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> In addition, I have some comments about your design proposal:
>> - The design might be changing RSN (it's being discussed), so using it
might not be the most optimal route.
> There is no requirement that a project site look like the main foundation site. Pick
any project. Say, or or
- each has their own unique feel.

If I could, I'd have httpd and Tomcat use the same site structure. There two projects are
complements / substitutes, and users don't particularly like learning a new site layout for
each thing.

Tomcat has the same sort of problem with having multiple versions that are out there in production
use, too.

…I'm saying this even though I don't have the time or the contacts to liaise with the Tomcat
web people properly.

>> - You use JavaScript to display the tabs. This, apparently, needs to be
>>   done in a way that people without JS can view it as well. I have tried
>> to accommodate that in my second proposal (see link above).
>> - The documentation link just leads to our boring and unattractive docs
>>   front page. I would prefer if people can go directly to documentation
>>   for e.g. 2.4 right away from the front page (dropdowns?).
> Yes, please.

“+1” to this.

Tim Bannister - +44 7980408788 -

View raw message