httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1605369 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_wstunnel.c
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 04:44:23 GMT
Le 26/06/2014 05:34, Eric Covener a écrit :
> I think this is only a performance concern.

Hi,

I have on my local tree an attempt to speed-up wstunnel by removing
useless processing mostly for non-EBCDIC server.

The idea, taken from mod_proxy_http, is to:
     - avoid a call to 'apr_pstrcat' to built a constant string
     - avoid calls to 'strlen' (even if gcc should be able to remove one
of them at compile time)

I tried to go one step further, for non-EBCDIC server, and use an
immortal bucket instead of the pool one. This avoids the allocation of a
few bytes in a memory pool and saves a memcpy.

Obviously, this is done only once per-connection when the request is
upgraded to WS.

This is untested and I was wondering if it would make any difference in
the real world?
Do you think it worses the added complexity ?

The same kind of approach can also be done in mod_proxy_http in order to
avoid a memory allocation and a strcpy.

Best regards,
CJ