httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Mort <garyam...@gmail.com>
Subject eventopt roadmap?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 14:46:44 GMT
I was mucking about with PHP and MPM_Event in 2.49 and found it rather
slow.  I took a look at the mpm_event and noticed that the coding was
rather basic and looked like it would cause a lot of memory usage and
extra threads with the way it was written.

Looking at the latest dev code, I discovered eventopt which seems to be
much better codewise[I'm assuming mpm_event was a first pass proof of
concept and eventopt is where the tuning is taking place] - so I setup
an arch package to apache from github and enable eventopt and it is
working extremely well - I really love the options and performance and
am working on tweaking the PHP apache module to integrate with it better
- ie instead of having PHP create a PHP handler thread for every
eventopt thread, let it use the eventopt pool management thread and add
some config options to control the php handler pools.

I was wondering if there is a roadmap for what version of Apache
eventopt will be released on?