httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stop copying footers to r->headers_in?
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 22:44:14 GMT
On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd really like to start chucking trailers, but the scale of these
> patches really frightens me for 2.4 and 2.2 and accompanying what will
> likely be a security roll-up.

Understood.

> Is anyone sitting on a more tactical version of the fix?

Well, maybe I should stop proposing something here but maybe the
attached patch can help.
I think it's a "tactical" version of the previous one, in that it does
*not* touch ap_get_mime_headers*() (nor ap_rgetline*()), but
saves/restores the data (request's fields, notes) modified by the
function when called from ap_http_filter().

It could be a way for 2.2.x, but I don't think it's enough for trunk
or even 2.4.x, because this implementation still breaks non-blocking
mode (hence event), which is (also) why the core functions were
modified in the previous patch.

This patch (still) does not propose to merge splitted trailers into
headers (for those broken by the change), but when (and why) would we
do that?