httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stop copying footers to r->headers_in?
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 19:55:21 GMT
On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Restoring the status and notes (set before the body is read) seems
> unconditional to me.

Well, actually I'm not really sure whether we should preserve or
overwritte the "error-notes" here.

In most cases (but PROXYREQ_RESPONSE discussed below), we are still
reading the request.
If an error is raised by ap_get_mime_headers(), we probably want to
respond with a 4xx status and the corresponding error-notes (from this
call).
Moreover, the original "error-notes" (from the headers' parsing) is
very likely to be unset here (or we would have responded with that
error at that time).

However, when ap_http_filter() is called in PROXYREQ_RESPONSE mode, we
probably need to discard the forwarded response's trailers'
"error-notes", since the client is not the culprit.

Maybe we should distinguish (at least) these 2 "modes" in the final patch.