httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: failonstatus only works on backend provided status codes
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 07:20:42 GMT

Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
> On 5/12/2014 7:31 AM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>> While trying to use the failonstatus option of a balancer for the first time I noticed
that it only works on status
>> codes provided by the backend not on status codes only set by the proxy (in my case
a 502 because the backend timed
>> out). Is this intentional?
>
> Hi, Ruediger;
>    Yes, that was the original goal. The use case I was tackling was a
> case where a backend application server started accepting HTTP requests
> before the Servlets had all completed init(). In that case, the backend
> returns a 503.

But in case we do ProxyErrorOverride this also fails, because r->status is set to HTTP_OK
then. Wouldn't it be better to
take care of this and my case, so that the worker is set into error mode in this case as well?
Or do you think that this would destroy wanted behavior?

Regards

RĂ¼diger