httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <victor.j.orlikow...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Unhappy interactions between AIX, apxs, instdso.sh, apr/build-1/libtool and php
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 21:54:28 GMT
On May 4, 2014, at 5:46 PM, Victor J. Orlikowski <victor.j.orlikowski@alumni.duke.edu>
wrote:
> My only comment to that would be: has AIX resolved the issue wherein it is required that
the file backing a previously-loaded module has to be rm’d, in order to ensure that the
in-memory copy is released?

Responding to myself, after a quick consult with the Googlemonster:
Seems you need to call a utility called slibclean, to remove the memory references to the
shared object.

And, sometimes, that still doesn’t work - so you have to rm it anyway. :/

Anyhoo - it seems to me that the real problem is that we’re deleting the newly generated
.so, rather than the *target* into which we’re trying to copy (which is what would be what
has the in-memory references).

Best,
Victor
--