httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net>
Subject Re: Configuration error handling after httpd restart
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:12:00 GMT
Since this is up for discussion anyway, what if there was an option to set
a directive as ignore-able.

For example, PHP allows you to preface a function with `@` to ignore errors
(http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.errorcontrol.php).

That way, if you restart and the error is "Invalid command 'Xyzzy',", you
could make the decision to ignore it.

I am not sure how useful this would be in practice. The only thing that
comes to mind is with a module like mod_auth_mysql where you could ignore
errors about it being missing while still requiring some other type of
authentication with satisfy any.

- Y