httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Riggs <apache-li...@riggs.me>
Subject Re: Configuration error handling after httpd restart
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:00:04 GMT
On 14 Apr 2014, at 10:38, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Mike Rumph <mike.rumph@oracle.com> wrote:
>> If there is an unknown directive in the config file, simply ignore it with a
>> warning.
>
> You can't do that.  What if it was "Reqiure"?

I agree with Eric. I would not want unknown directives to be ignored. It might be a typo of
a really important directive like Eric describes. Or, what if a module I really, really need
is accidentally disabled and we just ignore all of its directives? Not good.

In this particular case, duplicating a Listen directive doesn't seem like it should bomb out
the server.

Listen 80
Listen 80

It's superfluous, but not really a critical error. So, my patch just ignores subsequent duplicate
Listens.