httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marion & Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1584582 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 19:35:37 GMT

Le 04/04/2014 13:59, Yann Ylavic a écrit :
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>> FYI not necessary to propose docs-only changes in STATUS, they are CTR.
> Oh, I see, thanks for the information.
> Should I (or one) backport it if no one else screams for a while then?

Just in case, removal of compatibility notes against 2.3.x has been
discussed a few months ago.
See http://marc.info/?t=138619128300001&r=1&w=2

No real concensus about it.
I'm still +1 for removing these references.

I'm not sure that the compatibility notes are really consistent in the
current tree. I am quite sure that some configuration options have been
added or enhanced without stating in which version it happened.
I have in my TODO list to check, for each 2.4.x releases, which options
have been added/modified and if the corresponding <compatibility> notes
have been added in the doc. I've not taken the time yet to go thru all that.

The only example I have in mind right now is r1523242 where the
'change=no' parameter has been added to 2.4.7.
Doc has been updated in r1523325.

Best regards,
CJ