httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with directive "SSLPassPhraseDialog" with a piped script
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 17:02:43 GMT
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wmrowe@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tom,
>>
>> this code is shared with all the other pipe features in httpd, I

I've tried each of these versions to no avail:

   SSLPassPhraseDialog     |/path/to/passphrase.sh
   SSLPassPhraseDialog     |$/path/to/passphrase.sh
   SSLPassPhraseDialog     |\$/path/to/passphrase.sh
   SSLPassPhraseDialog     "|/path/to/passphrase.sh"
   SSLPassPhraseDialog     "|$/path/to/passphrase.sh"
   SSLPassPhraseDialog     "|\$/path/to/passphrase.sh"

I also changed the passphrase.sh script to require an argument (any argument).

I must be doing something wrong (my weak understanding of pipes).

Someone who can demonstrate the pipe method successfully should
document exactly how to do it.

In any event, I agree with Reindl Harald: "SSLPassPhraseDialog
exec:/path/to/passphrase.sh is your friend."

Best regards,

-Tom