httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: Improving The RewriteMap Program Feature
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2014 11:49:46 GMT
On 28 Feb 2014, at 19:52, Kev <s7g2vp2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> As for working around the potential bottleneck, I think this would be more complicated.
One solution would be to launch a pool of programs and allow incoming requests to be handled
by the first unlocked program that was still running. Does this sound like a sensible approach
and does anybody see any potential drawbacks with this?

I think that's a sensible approach… but the pooling behaviour should be implemented by the
RewriteMap program and not by httpd. httpd could ship a contributed example program to show
how it might be done.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net