httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Which Apache module write the access log file
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:04:00 GMT
On 28 Mar 2014, at 7:04 AM, Miguel Villarreal <miguel_villarreal14@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I received this answer to my question:
>
> mod_log_confighttp://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog
>
> Is this module also the one in charge of creating the access log file if it does not
exist?

> What I need to do is to create an extra file to sotre the modifiers of the access log
file and the time of the modifications. I am planning to add this functionality to the mod_log_config
module. Do you think that this is a good approach?

You can create multiple access logs at the same time, and each type of access log can have
it's own custom format to save the data you want in the format you want.

It looks like the module already supports what you need as it stands, can you confirm?

Regards,
Graham