httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.8 as GA
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:04:36 GMT

Am 11.03.2014 22:52, schrieb Falco Schwarz:
> On 11 Mar 2014, at 22:43, Steffen <info@apachelounge.com <mailto:info@apachelounge.com>>
wrote:
>> Builds  fine on  VC11 Win32, other flavors I try tomorrow
>>
>> Till now it runs fine, but get the following (run OpenSSL 1.0.1f):
>>
>> AH02559: The SSLCertificateChainFile directive (D:/servers/apacheS/conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf:55)
is deprecated,
>> SSLCertificateFile should be used instead
>>
>> In the change log it is mentioned.  By instruction of my certificate Certification
Authority in conf:

>> SSLCertificateChainFile conf/sub.class2.server.ca.cer
>> SSLCACertificateFile conf/ca.cer
>>
>> Changed to:
>> SSLCACertificateFile conf/sub.class2.server.ca.cer
>>
>> and as expected the warning is gone.
>>
>> Not sure if it has any consequences ?
>
> Instead of using SSLCACertificateFile, try using only
> SSLCertificateFile, as described here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcertificatefile

caution in context of "SSLUseStapling On"

maybe that works with 2.4.8 too, with 2.4.7 it does not in case
having cert/key/ca-chain combined in SSLCertificateFile

however, i build http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/httpd-2.4.8.tar.bz2
in a short on Fedora 20 x86_64 with openssl-1.0.1e and likely give
a vote tomorrow