httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Use of HTML on mailing lists (Re: SO_REUSEPORT in the children processes)
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 18:13:32 GMT
Am 07.03.2014 18:58, schrieb Mikhail T.:
> On 07.03.2014 12:28, Yann Ylavic wrote:
>> Sorry, this was posted from gmail...
> Is it written anywhere in the bylaws of this mailing list
> that use of HTML is something to apologize for?

nearly any mailing-list has it written clear, some even reject HTML
and on some others you get warned by the owner (postfix as example)

https://www.google.com/search?q=mailing+list+etiquette+plaintext+only
https://www.google.at/search?q=mailing+list+etiquette+no+html
HTML-formatted messages; please use plain text

> With all due sympathies to Reindl's medical condition, why must we --
> in the second decade of the 21st century -- deny ourselves the means
> of expression afforded by HTML on this list?

because the message had no single HTML formatting and
was written in plain but as HTML may be a godd reason

it hardly makes sense to write email in HTML, they just
explode after some replies/quotes and forwardings with
different clients while a conversation in plaintext
survises thousands of replies without lose a sane quoting