httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Resolving apr dependencies while generating httpd rpm build compiled from source
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:30:49 GMT

Am 03.03.2014 09:05, schrieb Venkatesh Prabu Narayanan:
> Further to my previous mail, I have generated apr rpm build and successfully installed
after installing the
> dependency packages (autoconf, libtool, doxygen).
>
> After this I tried installing apr-util 1.5.3 version and it has the following dependencies,
>
> [root@localhost apr-util]# rpmbuild -ba apr-util.spec
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>         libuuid-devel is needed by apr-util-1.5.3-1.i386
>         postgresql-devel is needed by apr-util-1.5.3-1.i386
>         mysql-devel is needed by apr-util-1.5.3-1.i386
>         sqlite-devel >= 3.0.0 is needed by apr-util-1.5.3-1.i386
>         freetds-devel is needed by apr-util-1.5.3-1.i386
>         unixODBC-devel is needed by apr-util-1.5.3-1.i386
>         nss-devel is needed by apr-util-1.5.3-1.i386
>
> I just commented out all the above dependencies

stop this, you have no clue what are you doing and that thread
belongs not to http-ddevl at all - really

> @Reindl Harald,
> If I remove that apr files from 'BuildPrereq', it is still showing
> some 'undeclared errors' related to apr-util modules

the intention to remove the build-deps in httpd.spec was for the
case you manage build both from the httpd-source if that is not
possible you just need the build dependencies because APR is
*mandatory* and not optional