httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: Use of HTML on mailing lists (Re: SO_REUSEPORT in the children processes)
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:38:04 GMT

This will be dealt with off list

On 08/03/2014 09:51, Reindl Harald wrote:

> what exactly is your personal problem?
> can you please post plaintext instead HTML to lists

you did see the word "please"?

>> for me such messages are unreadable after medical operations on both eyes because
you override my MUA font settings

you understood that reason?

i follow that thread longer honestly interested
there where a few HTML respones and *all* oft hem left unread
because they contained a lot of content

>> he has been warned about playing net cop

who do you think you are calling others net cop because they ask for
easier readable posts while you are the one proven to playing net cop
due maintaining a RBL?

>> Is it written anywhere in the bylaws of this mailing list

is the response you should have been attacking

Am 08.03.2014 00:39, schrieb Noel Butler:

> Harry, you have been warned before, dont bring your antics onto this list, this is about
the only list you have been most well behaved on, unlike others, please remember our previous
conversations. If you think a posters post violates some RFC, ignore it, or take it up with
him in private, do not pollute this list with your bullshit. Thank you :) On Fri, 2014-03-07
at 19:13 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote: Am 07.03.2014 18:58, schrieb Mikhail T.: On 07.03.2014
12:28, Yann Ylavic wrote: Sorry, this was posted from gmail... Is it written anywhere in the
bylaws of this mailing list that use of HTML is something to apologize for?
 nearly any mailing-list has it written clear, some even reject HTML and
on some others you get warned by the owner (postfix as example)
https://www.google.com/search?q=mailing+list+etiquette+plaintext+only
[1] https://www.google.at/search?q=mailing+list+etiquette+no+html [2]
[3]Note: Spam filters don't like messages with empty Subjects; just use
e.g. "subscribe" or "unsubscribe". Spam filters are also more likely to
reject HTML-formatted messages; please use plain text

> With all due sympathies to Reindl's medical condition, why must we -- in the second decade
of the 21st century -- deny ourselves the means of expression afforded by HTML on this list?
 because the message had no single HTML formatting and was written in
plain but as HTML may be a godd reason it hardly makes sense to write
email in HTML, they just explode after some replies/quotes and
forwardings with different clients while a conversation in plaintext
survises thousands of replies without lose a sane quoting

Links:
------
[1]
https://www.google.com/search?q=mailing+list+etiquette+plaintext+only