httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: pre_config hook
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 20:53:47 GMT

On 2 Feb 2014, at 03:01, Kean Johnston wrote:

(this really belongs on modules-dev)

> I have a question about the pre_config hook. I have a module that registers for that
hook, but the function I specify is never called.

I expect it is, but …

> I have a hash table that needs to be initialized before any of my config directives are
parsed, and I am getting a SIGSEGV because that is not the case.

Is the hash table a member of a configuration struct?
I expect it's initialised in the root context, but your config
directives are in some other context.

> Is it acceptable to initialize that hash table in my register_hooks function instead?

Yes, if you can deal with the pool management.  But you'll probably
run up against exactly the same issue.

A function implementing your config directives could also
do it (if cfg->hash == NULL { initialise it ; } ).  That might be
a good line of thought, as you should consider whether
your hash should be global, per-vhost, or whatever.

Oh, and I'd suggest dropping the <IfModule>.  That's only really useful
for package/installation management systems.

--
Nick Kew