httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to use authn_provider for password-less authentication within a module ?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:06:23 GMT
> In particular, the authn_provider struct doesn't seem well-suited to
> non-password-based authentication mechanisms.  Should I avoid that part
> of the framework altogether, not call ap_register_auth_provider at all,
> and just manually set r->user via ap_hook_check_authn(), or should I be
> thinking about this a different way?

That is the conclusion I came to for a similar mod.  I use an
alternate proprietary SSL module and do not like fakebasic or
SSLUsername:

https://github.com/covener/apache-modules/blob/master/mod_authn_cert.c

This relies on ssl_var_lookup via the expression parser. Hopefully
mod_gnutls implements these ssl optional functions.