httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kean Johnston <kean.johns...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what to expect from fcgid
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:10:26 GMT
On 2/24/2014 1:23 PM, Anthony Pankov wrote:

> It  is  very  interesting.  Especially  if it is possible to associate
> FastCgi  servers(socket)  with  apache  handlers and then use handlers where
> needed as SetHandler/AddHandler.
Yes you can indeed do that.

> Also  i'm  glad  to  hear  that  mod_extfcgi  will not cross mod_fcgid
> functionality.
That is very much by design. I want it to *only* deal with FastCGI, not to
bolt on a process manager as well. I have always felt the process
management for the FastCGI application servers were best left to outside of
the Apache core, if for no other reason that it is common for people to
have mixed nginx/Apache setups and both should be able to use the FastCGI
applications.

Also, to be honest, a huge percentage of people that want FastCGI will be
using it for PHP, and php-fpm does its own process management.

Kean