httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: SSL_CTX_get_{first,next}_certificate (Re: svn commit: r1562500 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS)
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 09:31:54 GMT
On 20.02.2014 21:37, Falco Schwarz wrote:
> As I read through the changed code I found a smaller issue with the deprecation warning
of SSLCertificateChainFile:

> + ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING|APLOG_STARTUP, 0, cmd->server,
> + APLOGNO(02559)
> + "The SSLCertificateChainFile directive (%s:%d) is deprecated, "
> + "SSLCertificateFile should be used instead",
> + cmd->directive->filename, cmd->directive->line_num);
>
> There seems to be an error related to this change, I guess in cmd->server?
> This warning is never logged.

It's printed to stderr, as ssl_cmd_SSLCertificateChainFile is executed
before any ErrorLog files have been opened (when reloading with SIGHUP
or SIGUSR1, you'll see them in the error log). My primary goal was that
these warnings would be shown on the console when the config is checked
with -t, that's why I put them into ssl_engine_config.c.

Kaspar