httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kean Johnston <kean.johns...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what to expect from fcgid
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 06:46:37 GMT
On 2/21/2014 6:56 PM, Антон Панков wrote:
> Dear All.
>
> Please,  explain  what  functionality  now in trunk and what plans for
> mod_fcgid.  I miss FastCGIExternalServer feature.
I am in the final stages of testing a new FastCGI module, written for 2.4
(although it MAY work on 2.2) called mod_extfcgi. It *only* deals with
external FastCGI application, it has absolutely no process management, as
that is best left to dedicated code for that purpose.

It supports both TCP and UNIX sockets, it does authn and authz and, unlike
any other FastCGI module Ive seen so far, it supports the FastCGI "FILTER"
role. I also think it's fairly easy to configure but then, I would :)

I want to do some more testing and clean up the documentation before I
publish it on github but I should get that done during the course of the
next week if you want to play with it when it's done.

Hope that helps.

Kean

PS in the interestes of full disclosure this is my first Apache module so
there may well be some rough edges, I am eagery looking forward to more
expert eyes critiqueing it.