httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dr Stephen Henson <shen...@opensslfoundation.com>
Subject Re: SSL and Apache Httpd 2.4.7 [was Re: 2.4.8 This Month]
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 02:27:43 GMT
On 20/02/2014 02:21, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:11 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wmrowe@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You could try tweaking the deployed /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/openssl.pc file
>> to include -lz in Libs: (just after -ldl), and then re-./configure
>
> I'll first see if I can get a good SSL to work.  So far no build
> problems after I took out the zlib configure options with
> openssl/openssl-fips.  I'll try my shiny new apache 2.4.7 and SSL
> tomorrow morning.
>
> The zlib is not that important to me at the moment--it just seemed a
> reasonable option when I first started this venture.

Ah... there was a recent fix for this which hasn't yet appeared in an official
OpenSSL release. This means that configuring OpenSSL with "zlib" wont create
correct *.pc files. The "zlib-dynamic" option (which links to zlib at runtime in
OpenSSL) should be OK though.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen Henson. OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.
1829 Mount Ephraim Road