httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ewald Dieterich <ewald_dieter...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Revisiting: xml2enc, mod_proxy_html and content compression
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:24:52 GMT
On 02/11/2014 06:03 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On 6 Feb 2014, at 09:40, Ewald Dieterich wrote:
>> My wishlist:
>>
>> * Make the configuration option as powerful as the compiled in fallback so that you
can configure eg. "contains xml". But how would you do that? Support regular expressions?

> Nice thought.  Perhaps the expression parser would be the ideal solution?

A good idea even if it could be a challenge to configure because the
expression parser covers so much.

>> * Provide a configuration option to blacklist content types so that you can use the
defaults that are compiled in but exclude specific types from processing (this is how I work
around the Sharepoint problem, I simply exclude content type "multipart/related").

> Perhaps combined with the expression parser as a 'magic' clause that
> expands to the default?

Yes, that would be very convenient.