httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1565657 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/ap_mmn.h include/http_core.h include/httpd.h server/connection.c server/core.c
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 17:30:39 GMT

On Feb 7, 2014, at 11:49 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> On 07 Feb 2014, at 6:26 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> Some kind of callback for each conn_rec, such that when we are
>> "done" with it, it knows what do to (rejoin mod_proxy's pool,
>> pool cleanup, whatever).
>>
>> In some ways, the "slave" connection actually behaves like
>> a router, between the request and the "real" connection...
>> it would also be nice to remove the thread-specific stuff
>> to this slave connection.
>
> Hmmm…
>
> In theory all conn_recs should be treated equally, it would be up to each connection
to know and care about relationships each connection has with another connection, by adding
appropriate filters.

True, and that's the relationship between the slaves
and the master... basically, the idea is that the slaves
will never interact w/ the network but only w/ the master.
Saying the a request's conn_rec will *always* be a slave
could provide some useful isolation. In a sense, it
moves the "master" connection more inner to core.

Of course, I have no idea how far this can go until
it takes too much effort and complexity to maintain
this master/slave concept. It did seem to help w/
mod_spdy and that's why I started in that direction...