httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1554300 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES include/ap_mmn.h include/ap_regex.h include/http_core.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h server/core.c server/request.c server/util_pcre.c
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:15:21 GMT
On 15 Jan 2014, at 3:04 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> Sounds good to me :)

Had to do some digging to get my head around the impact.

If the PCRE_DUPNAMES is missing, the list of names of variables is shorter than the list of
variables defined, and you could have a variable value applied to the wrong name. I think
we can live with this as long as we clearly document that people should expect undefined behaviour
on older versions of pcre if they use duplicate names inside regexes.

Example:

In older pcre, the second captured value "sitename" will be applied to "othername".

Regards,
Graham