httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_session and friends need some help
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:16:47 GMT
On 30 Jan 2014, at 7:01 PM, Erik Pearson <erik@adaptations.com> wrote:

> On this specific sub-thread, you chose to single out a single topic. When you asked "I'm
not following the problem you're trying to solve.", I chose to list the number of enhancements
and bugs that I've encountered over a few days of working on the mod_session and friends code.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to be taken as piling on, but merely to show that I've thought
and worked hard on this issue,  that my concerns are not trivial, and that this single issue
(where the "name" for a session is configured) is just one small part of a larger puzzle.

The trouble is you've described various technical changes you want to make, but you haven't
described in any way the problem you're trying to solve.

You hinted at one - the ability to access the session but without refreshing it, for example
during ajax calls. You'll very likely find what you want to achieve is very simple, but until
we know what you want to achieve, we can't help you.

Regards,
Graham