httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1557640 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_dir.xml modules/mappers/mod_dir.c
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 22:07:54 GMT
>    For users of mod_dav, though, this means that a working 2.2.x
> configuration will still break after an upgrade to 2.4.8; they'd
> need to add in "DirectoryCheckHandler On".

For the rewrite PR's, which are relatively old, I just wanted to get a
safe non-default change into 2.4.x.

I subsequently [next revision] decided it was safe enough to whitelist
mod_rewrites redirect-handler, and to do it by default.  One of the
good reasons for this is that since it's trying to do an internal
redirect, mod_dir will get a second chance at it in the new request.

>    I'd like to my additional line of logic, if you agree:
> +    if (r->method_number != M_GET && r->method_number != M_POST) {
> +        return DECLINED;
> +    }
> which would ensure that for mod_dir takes no effect when the method
> is neither GET nor POST, which seems reasonable to me (since it has
> no real meaning with other methods), and has the effect that 2.2.x DAV
> setups will "just work" again with 2.4.x, once the patch is back-ported.
>    Does that seem acceptable to you?  I can just follow CTR, I know, but
> I thought I'd ask first since you're clearly looking at similar issues
> at the same time.

I don't really know enough about the risk on this one.

View raw message