httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1554300 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES include/ap_mmn.h include/ap_regex.h include/http_core.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h server/core.c server/request.c server/util_pcre.c
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:16:11 GMT
Ahhh. Likely we can catch this at build time via configure

On Jan 15, 2014, at 8:15 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> On 15 Jan 2014, at 3:04 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> Sounds good to me :)
>
> Had to do some digging to get my head around the impact.
>
> If the PCRE_DUPNAMES is missing, the list of names of variables is shorter than the list
of variables defined, and you could have a variable value applied to the wrong name. I think
we can live with this as long as we clearly document that people should expect undefined behaviour
on older versions of pcre if they use duplicate names inside regexes.