httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marian Marinov>
Subject Re: mod_alias' Redirect with dynamic host
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 03:24:36 GMT
On 01/22/2014 05:42 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2014, at 5:36 PM, Thomas Eckert < <>>
>> Some time ago I put up HTTP to HTTPS redirects in place which now needed an update
so they would not only work for
>> constant host names but use the 'Host' header information as target host.
>> So a simple
>>   Redirect permanent /
>> wasn't enough. I wanted to avoid using mod_rewrite (not included in my configs so
far anyway) and stick with the much
>> simpler mod_alias so I read through mod_alias.c. From what I could see there wasn't
any means to do get this working
>> so I came up with
> This looks like a job for the expression parser, ie this:
> Redirect permanent / https://%{HOST}/
> (Syntax off top of head, probably wrong).
> Having done expression parser for the require directive, my next one on the wishlist
was DocumentRoot (to replace the
> mass virtual hosting module) followed by mod_alias.

I would really like solution like that in mod_alias.

Graham, would you share with us where(in which files/lines) is the expression parser for the
require directive so we can
adjust the code which Thomas sent and have that contributed to the core :)

> Regards,
> Graham
> --

View raw message