httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunder...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: Event and atomics, round II
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 15:10:20 GMT
On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 10:06:46AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> sweet sassy molassy... what if the implementation defines that
> behavior as spawning small gnomes? Then it's OK? That
> would be defined and implementation-defined, but so what?

No, it needs to output an integer (without crashing or anything odd like
that), but it is free to choose what integer, as long as is it consistent.
I don't have the standard in front of me, so beware of errors, but it would
AFAIK be allowed to e.g. convert all overflowing numbers to 12345.

Not that this would be very useful behavior, of course.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/