httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Ceph patches for httpd
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 13:57:53 GMT
Hi all!

There are two patches that the Ceph community has applied to their httpd
packages in combination with radosgw (S3 endpoint) - (see
https://github.com/ceph/apache2).

One of them is to allow Content-Length of '0' to be emitted from HEAD
requests:

https://github.com/ceph/apache2/commit/0d9948f1e483386adef0841896484db8422127b2

The use case here is that someone could store a zero-byte file inside of
radosgw.  Amazon's S3 clients expect to see a Content-Length on HEAD
requests - IOW, they don't infer the lack of a Content-Length as being '0'.
 If we weren't comfortable allowing this as a default, I'm guessing that we
could expose this as a directive override.

The other patch is to relax some of the checks around Expect headers as not
all S3 clients emit compliant headers:

https://github.com/ceph/apache2/commit/5ae1b4a081b05fcacf55e7114eec87d9b2a0a5da

Again, I guess that we could apply a directive here to relax the check.

If we go the directive route, both are relatively easy to whip up patches
for, but I wanted to get some feedback before I commit anything to trunk.

Cheers.  -- justin