httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy, oooled backend connections and the keep-alive race condition
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 09:56:17 GMT
I don't want to overdo this thread (apologies if it is already), last
comment yet...

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is sending a partial request first what you'd like to (be) implement(ed),
> and only if that succeeds send the remaining data?

The issue would still be there for the remaining data since nothing
guarantees the partial (initial) sending has reached the backend, which
might still have closed the connection in the meantime ("error reading
status line from remote server" is the proof, the failure occurs on the
recv(), not the send()).

Maybe one (other than me) facing the race condition can give my patch a
chance (no more "error reading status line..." here with TTL < KA-timeout,
pretetch, and slow clients).

No noticeable slow-down either, although statements like this are worthless
without measure...
I plan to do that soon (and keep you informed, for those who still care :)

Regards,
Yann.