httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Lescohier <daniel.lescoh...@cbsi.com>
Subject Re: time caching in util_time.c and mod_log_config.c
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 00:41:53 GMT
So I think we should reach a consensus on what approach to take.  My goal
was to implement an algorithm that is correct, with code that is easy to
maintain.  I think using the apr_atomics functions meets those goals the
best.  The downside are for those systems that are running 32-bit i486,
i586, i686 systems where the default APR configure setting was not
overridden for atomics.  There may be i686 servers still out there using
32-bit web server, probably memory-constrained systems like VPS hosts; the
question is have they overridden the APR default configuration or not.

Should we hold back on fixing this because of these systems?  If we go
forward, should there be something in the release notes warning of this APR
configuration issue?