httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: OT (Was: Re: Ceph patches for httpd)
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:47:38 GMT
Agreed. Thx for seeing those patches and proposing them
being added!

On Dec 29, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> This is why I am trying to fold the patches back in.  There is a definite difference
between open source and a real community.  =)  -- justin

in combination with radosgw (S3 endpoint) - (see https://github.com/ceph/apache2).

> > One of them is to allow Content-Length of '0' to be emitted from HEAD requests:
> >
> > https://github.com/ceph/apache2/commit/0d9948f1e483386adef0841896484db8422127b2
> >
> > The use case here is that someone could store a zero-byte file inside of radosgw.
 Amazon's S3 clients expect to see a Content-Length on HEAD requests - IOW, they don't infer
the lack of a Content-Length as being '0'.  If we weren't comfortable allowing this as a default,
I'm guessing that we could expose this as a directive override.

> > The other patch is to relax some of the checks around Expect headers as not all
S3 clients emit compliant headers:

> > https://github.com/ceph/apache2/commit/5ae1b4a081b05fcacf55e7114eec87d9b2a0a5da
> >
> > Again, I guess that we could apply a directive here to relax the check.
> >
> > If we go the directive route, both are relatively easy to whip up patches for, but
I wanted to get some feedback before I commit anything to trunk.