httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: Behavior of Host: vs. SNI Hostname in proxy CONNECT requests
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2013 08:13:05 GMT
On 21.12.2013 14:21, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>> I guess a more general fix for this would be:
>
> No further comments / feedback? If not then I would commit the patch.

The change looks fine to me (for easier comparison/review,
a whitespace-change-ignoring version is attached).

What would probably make sense is to amend the following comment
on this occasion:

  /*
   * The SNI extension supplied a hostname. So don't accept requests
   * with either no hostname or a different hostname.
   */

It doesn't say anything about the rationale right now, and as
recent discussions have shown, it would be helpful to explain
why this is done.

Kaspar