httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kean Johnston <kean.johns...@gmail.com>
Subject Question re mod_proxy_fcgi.c and mod_authnz_fcgi.c
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 19:13:28 GMT
This is directed at "trawick" because svn blame puts the blame on him/her
but others may have some useful answer. There is this bit of code in that
file (send_environment):

avail_len = 16 * 1024; /* our limit per record, which could have been up
                         * to AP_FCGI_MAX_CONTENT_LEN
                         */

Why impose an arbitrary limit like that? That precludes any really large
environment variables. There is no automatic variable with limited buffer
space. FastCGI records can be up to 64K and I can think of no reason to use
any other limit, but then again I may be missing something.

Kean