httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1546693 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: docs/log-message-tags/next-number modules/ssl/ssl_engine_config.c modules/ssl/ssl_engine_init.c
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 11:16:51 GMT
On 30.11.2013 12:54, Graham Leggett wrote:
> A question out of ignorance on my side. Will/can the above directive
> be able to influence / somehow affect the ENGINE_ctrl_cmd_string()
> openssl call needed when using dynamic engines in openssl (the
> "engine -pre" and "-post" options specifically)?

Steve is probably the best person to answer this, but in my view,
SSLOpenSSLConfCmd is meant to expose the SSL_CONF API, and should not be
used to mix in ENGINE API things, too.

SSLOpenSSLConfCmd is basically a per-SSL_CTX thing, i.e. per-vhost SSL
stuff. ENGINE(s) shouldn't have to be configured at the vhost level,
hopefully (cf. the current SSLCryptoDevice directive, which is server
config context only).

View raw message