httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Behavior of Host: vs. SNI Hostname in proxy CONNECT requests
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2013 08:36:12 GMT
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 09:04:53 +0100
Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2013@velox.ch> wrote:

> I won't defend the checks introduced with r757373 under all
> circumstances, but they are definitely not the cause for this
> purported defect.

I beg to differ.  We are left with a question of whether you are
responsible to defend the current behavior, or whether I can simply
rely on RFC2817 to document that you are wrong, or whether I'm
instead responsible to identify user-agent by user-agent those which
comply with RFC2817's examples.  So how do you want to do this, or
would you like to return to a discussion of ProxyPass in the forward
proxy context?