httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Ceph patches for httpd
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 15:16:47 GMT
As defaults, I'm -0, but as controllable alternatives: +1

combination with radosgw (S3 endpoint) - (see https://github.com/ceph/apache2).

> One of them is to allow Content-Length of '0' to be emitted from HEAD requests:
>
> https://github.com/ceph/apache2/commit/0d9948f1e483386adef0841896484db8422127b2
>
> The use case here is that someone could store a zero-byte file inside of radosgw.  Amazon's
S3 clients expect to see a Content-Length on HEAD requests - IOW, they don't infer the lack
of a Content-Length as being '0'.  If we weren't comfortable allowing this as a default, I'm
guessing that we could expose this as a directive override.

> The other patch is to relax some of the checks around Expect headers as not all S3 clients
emit compliant headers:

> https://github.com/ceph/apache2/commit/5ae1b4a081b05fcacf55e7114eec87d9b2a0a5da
>
> Again, I guess that we could apply a directive here to relax the check.
>
> If we go the directive route, both are relatively easy to whip up patches for, but I
wanted to get some feedback before I commit anything to trunk.