httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: http_filters
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:15:48 GMT

On Nov 13, 2013, at 7:10 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2013, at 2:04 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> It doesn't look like one to me... :/
>
> One thing it does is make the return codes more targeted. Where previously any kind of
failure would have returned 500 Internal Server Error[1] now we might return more specific
codes based on the APR code returned. External code should remain unaffected.

> The question becomes is a subtle change to some return codes backportable or not?

Well, we do, at times, adjust return codes to return the "right"
one (or the "better" one), during point/patch releases...

But I'm not really pushing one way or another (yet) on this...