httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Eckert <thomas.r.w.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject mod_proxy: maximum hostname length for workers
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 10:17:49 GMT
I'm looking at an issue with this log message

  AH00526: Syntax error on line 6 of myconfig.conf: BalancerMember worker
hostname (aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dd-eee-ffffffffff.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com)
too long

with the root cause being (modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h)

  #define PROXY_WORKER_MAX_HOSTNAME_SIZE  64

and I'm wondering why this is. I did not see any comments on why there is
this limit, so I assume it's for performance reasons.

Also, I'm wondering what the implications (if any) of altering this limit
are.