httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RLIMIT_NPROC on Linux?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:52:26 GMT
current apachectl:

#
# Set this variable to a command that increases the maximum
# number of file descriptors allowed per child process. This is
# critical for configurations that use many file descriptors,
# such as mass vhosting, or a multithreaded server.
ULIMIT_MAX_FILES="ulimit -S -n `ulimit -H -n`"
# --------------------                              --------------------
# ||||||||||||||||||||   END CONFIGURATION SECTION  ||||||||||||||||||||

# Set the maximum number of file descriptors allowed per child process.
if [ "x$ULIMIT_MAX_FILES" != "x" ] ; then
    $ULIMIT_MAX_FILES
fi

Should we do the same for threads/processes? I was going to propose
this for some kind of startup code, and realized there was some old
precedent.  The downside is that we don't yet know MaxClients is
large, as we could in code.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com